Careers at SJP
SEE YOURSELF HERE. BE YOURSELF HERE.
That‘s not just an expression for our students. All members of our community are invited to explore their passion for education and to be their authentic selves at Saint Joseph Prep. From teaching methodology to getting involved as Advisors, Club Moderators, and Coaches, employees of SJP share their own gifts and experience with the community while teaching and guiding the whole person in each student. As a premier independent co-educational Catholic high school in greater Boston, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston, Saint Joseph Prep provides an exceptional, accessible, student-driven education marked by academic excellence, authentic community, meaningful engagement, and dynamic innovation. Through the School’s diverse, character-driven, and faith-filled experience, graduates are prepared for success in college and career and empowered to be servant-leaders. Our Mission is lived in each member of the SJP family.
Saint Joseph Prep, a Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory high school sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston, seeks an experienced, dynamic, and engaging Athletic Director to lead and oversee the Athletic Program of the School. The Athletic Director works closely with the School’s Administration and the School’s Faculty and Staff to ensure a high-quality, well-organized, effective, and competitive athletic program. The ideal candidate will be adept at working with adolescents in a secondary school setting with a diverse population and will support the school’s mission of educating the whole person. This is a twelve-month, full-time position reporting to the Head of School.
About Saint Joseph Prep
Saint Joseph Prep’s culture is defined by Academic Excellence, Authentic Community, Meaningful Engagement, and Dynamic Innovation. These pillars are at the heart of all that we do to provide students with an exceptional high school experience that not only prepares them for success in college but also develops them into courageous, compassionate leaders. A community of mutual respect and reconciliation, Saint Joseph Prep is a diverse, inclusive family centered on lived Christian values. Saint Joseph Prep offers an extensive athletic program, vibrant extra-curricular and service opportunities, small class sizes, an Academic Enrichment Center, Chapel Speaking and Advisor Programs, and individualized college counseling.
- Ensure the athletic program reflects and fully supports SJP’s mission and values.
- Initiates the recruitment and selection of all coaches and ensures they are a well suited to support the school's mission. Supervises and evaluates coaching staff for all sports.
- Schedules all high school athletic contests, issues contracts for the contest, and maintains the proper and necessary records.
- Manages all permit requests, facility rentals, and maintenance for all athletic facilities.
- Ensures officials are scheduled and contracts are issued for all high school contests.
- Maintains an active file of officials under contract and works with the Business Manager to ensure officials are paid.
- Supervises high school athletic contests and acts as the host to officials and visiting schools. Oversees the supervision of contest employees and volunteers who work the athletic event. Arranges for personnel to supervise contests as needed.
- Prepares and administers a detailed operating budget for the athletic program, which is submitted to the Business Manager.
- Orders all equipment and maintains a current inventory of all athletic equipment.
- Advises and ensures all coaches conform with Board, MIAA, league policies and regulations, and state and federal laws (CORI, fingerprinting, etc.); attends league and district meetings; ensures all coaches have successfully completed required in-service programs. Working closely with the Catholic Central League to promote a positive athletic culture.
- Supervises and takes responsibility for preparation for home contests.
- Arranges transportation for all home and away high school contests.
- Plans and orchestrates seasonal athletic awards ceremonies.
- Works closely with the School’s Assistant Head of School for Community Life to promote a culture of leadership, service, and integrity.
- Works closely with the School’s Assistant Head of School for Academics to ensure the academic success of all student-athletes.
- Supervises the preparation of and verifies all academic and community life athletic eligibility lists, and communicates effectively with parents in this regard.
- Works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to maintain the athletics page on the School’s website.
- Oversees the Athletic Leadership Council with the goal of developing young leaders at SJP.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as required.
Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor Degree in related field with 2+ years of experience as an Athletic Director (preferred)
- Ability to work effectively with Administration, Faculty, and Staff to support the student-athlete and represent the school with grace, sportsmanship, and professionalism.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple (often changing) schedules.
- Ability to support the School's academic program and community life, putting scholarship first for the student-athlete, and prioritizing the Mission.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, regularly, and appropriately with parents/guardians, coaches, and faculty/staff.
- Ability to establish and share clear, understandable policies regarding tryouts, practices, expectations, playing time, etc.
- Leadership, empathetic listening, and collaboration skills are essential. Must be a positive, enthusiastic voice for the school on campus, in the league, and throughout the community.
- Commitment to Catholic education in the city of Boston and fostering the school's Catholic identity through the athletic program.
- Saint Joseph Prep seeks candidates who will contribute to and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices.
Requires some night and weekend work
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references to Carol Woolston, the Assistant Head of School for Community Life, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint Joseph Prep has an exciting opportunity for an aspiring marketing and communications professional to gain experience in social media and web marketing for an education nonprofit organization in Boston, conveniently located near the green line, commuter rail, and several bus routes.
Saint Joseph Preparatory High School is a premier independent co-educational Catholic high school in greater Boston, sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston. Saint Joseph Prep provides an exceptional, accessible, student-driven education marked by academic excellence, authentic community, meaningful engagement, and dynamic innovation. Through the School’s diverse, character-driven, and faith-filled experience, graduates are prepared for success in college and career and empowered to be servant-leaders.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Social Media Intern will support the school’s multi-channel marketing efforts, with a focus on social media and web content creation, to raise SJP’s visibility, advance its brand, and engage key audiences. The intern will develop social media content for Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn that tells the story of SJP through compelling visuals and copy. This position will be critical in covering school events and happenings, and will be responsible for taking photos, posting on social media, and drafting posts for the school website. The intern will also assist with webmaster duties, including writing web content, updating website pages, and ensuring the website is up to date. Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Social Media Intern will contribute to and gain experience in social, web, digital, and print marketing in the exciting and rewarding nonprofit education sector.
The Marketing and Social Media intern will:
Craft compelling, engaging social media content across platforms including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
Assist with community management across SJP’s social media accounts
Create Instagram Story content
Help to track and analyze social media metrics
Write and edit content for the school’s website
Attend school events and programming to capture photos, cover on social, and write stories for the school website and newsletter
In collaboration with the Enrollment and Advancement offices, support the creation of marketing materials to help drive admissions and donations
Work across all departments, including Athletics, Campus Ministry, STEAM and the Arts, to trumpet student activities and successes
Support school events through social media coverage, collateral creation and preparation, and general event support
Perform other duties as assigned by and in support of the Director of Marketing and Communications as well as the Enrollment and Advancement offices
Social media platforms (required)
Microsoft Office Suite (required)
Google Suite (required)
Hootsuite or other social media management tool (preferred)
Canva or other design tool (preferred)
Adobe InDesign and Photoshop (preferred)
Online content management system (e.g. Finalsite) (preferred
An ideal candidate must:
Possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with proven ability to deliver against objectives in a timely, professional manner
Have experience with social media content creation
Be open to feedback and has a desire to learn
Possess a high level of integrity and professionalism
View works through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Be attentive to detail
Have strong organizational and time management skills
Be a creative and innovative thinker
Believe in the mission of Saint Joseph Prep
Consent to a background check
The internship program is based on the following criteria and standards:
Applicants should be in their junior or senior year of college or graduate program pursuing a degree in marketing or communications, working as an intern for class credit.
Past marketing/communications internship experience is strongly preferred. Relevant coursework and extracurricular activities will also be considered.
Interns must be available to work a minimum of 12 hours per week during the academic year with a minimum 3-month commitment.
All paperwork for the college must be handled by each intern.
Occasional availability on evening and weekend work is required.
Interested students should send the following to email@example.com:
Full contact information including phone number, email, and address.
A cover letter expressing why you are an excellent candidate for the position.
A resume including a list of marketing, communications, and non-profit related courses taken (video accepted).