You are fortunate to have a world of information available literally at your fingertips.
In order to thoroughly research and educate yourself about any topic, you must read about the subject in a variety of different academic and scholarly sources. Do not “just Google it” and select whatever sites pop up at the top of the list. If you want to perform a web search, I recommend the search engine RefSeek (www.refseek.com), which is designed for students and produces more academic search results. However, you should supplement your research by using all available databases, e-books and print resources.
SJPLC Resource Guides
- Researching Ancient Rome
- Researching Classical Art
- Researching Infectious Diseases
- Researching Nineteenth Century Thinkers
- Resources for Stem Cell Research Project
- How to write an annotated list of Works Cited
- MLA Format