Update for June 9
Class of 2017: Congratulations to our recent Class of 2017 graduates! The College Counseling and Guidance Office is proud of all you have accomplished and the incredibly diverse list of schools and programs you will be attending next year! Please in keep in touch! If you continue to apply for scholarships, do not hesitate to reach out to our office if you need transcripts and other supporting materials; we are here to help!
Class of 2018: Good luck to juniors taking the SAT and ACT in the coming weeks! The summer is a perfect time to get a jumpstart on your college applications, visit campuses, and work on essays and supplements. Here are some helpful college counseling reminders to focus on throughout the summer.
- Use your resources! CollegeBoard and college websites (and more!) are great tools to research schools, take virtual campus tours, look over applications requirements and explore interests. Don’t forget to utilize BigFuture on CollegeBoard to find information about individual colleges, majors and career interests.
- Visit campuses! Whether right here in Boston or elswehere, take the opportunity to walk on various college campuses. If you are traveling this summer or going on vacation, look up college in that area an schedule some time to do an information session and tour.
- Update your Naviance lists! Be sure to log on to your Naviance account over the summer. Update your lists, use the college search tools, become familiar with the scholarship resources available and update your activities list.
- Start your Common Application! You can begin to create an account on the Common Application and add information that you now. Fill in as much as you can in the demographics, family, education etc. sections and keep track of your questions for when you return in the fall.
- College Process Boot Camp! Be on the lookout for information regarding the “boot camp” that will take place at the end of the summer - typically just a few days before the new school year starts. The College Counseling and Guidance Office will offer drop in hours for students to get initial questions answered, work on applications, edit essays etc. More information about the dates and times of the Boot Camp will be shared over the summer.
- Relax! Most importantly, take time to decompress, rest and rejuvenate! Enjoy your time off an come back to school in September ready to tackle senior year!
Thursday June, 8
Choose groups to clone to: